Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Book Club Pick

Coming home from my very own book club tonight and I got to thinking about what goes into a lively debate. For us it's mainly cheese, crackers, and hummus, but for others it's an educated moderator, a New York Times bestseller, and people who want to debate the topics with a highlighter and red pen in tow. But considering my affinity for nonfiction and coffee table books (many of which have to do with fashion and/or style), I'm practically giddy at this new cyber book club that Fashionista is offering. For those of you who don't visit Fashionista daily, it's a who, what, where is going on in the fashion industry. They're offering their avid readers the chance to take party in a real-time discussion online about some fash-related books, the first of which is Blow by Blow (the moving story of legendary editrix Isabella Blow). Not that my book club girls are lacking, but I think it's an awesome way to hear opinions from all over the country, challenge yourself to start thinking of new books and ideas, and a great way to connect with others who share your same undying passion for all things fashion. Sold yet? I think I am.


(photo: courtesy of Fashionista)

No comments:

Post a Comment