Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BCBG Revisited

I was lucky enough to be invited to attend an event last week at the home of BCBG founder Max Azria and his seriously gorge wife, Lubov. BCBG is sponsoring a new exhibit at LACMA and they were playing host. I had no real thoughts about BCBG, I just knew I hadn't worn it in ages. But then I started thinking and began to remember how BCBG was the designer of choice for SO many pivotal life moments (Bat Mitzvah much?). They had that sparkly jersey material back in their hey day (mid-90s) and I am pretty sure every girl I knew had at least one piece from that collection. And though I may not be their target audience anymore, when I took a closer look I realized they're still going strong at exactly what they're brilliant at. Plus, they produce season after season of Herve Leger dresses that entice me and my friends and are ubiquitous at formal affairs. I may have thought I was over BCBG but seeing all the party's guests decked in their latest designs, I realized they were just overlooked (I was clearly too busy oggling J. Crew). So now I'm going to add them back to my list. Their dresses are party-perfect and add a healthy dose of sparkle to the holiday season. 


(photo: courtesy of BCBG)

No comments:

Post a Comment