Thursday, November 11, 2010

Crate + Barrel: It's SO you!

You know when you hear a word for the first time and then notice people saying it everywhere you go? I am kind of experiencing that with the latest series of Crate & Barrel ads. I never noticed them before but after reading a short blurb on it, I now see them in every magazine I read (which, I admit, is a lot). I absolutely love what they've done. They've taken the photography of Scott Schuman (the way famous street style photog) and compare the outfits to pieces of furniture. A pinstripe suit gets a striped couch. Get the drift? I think it's so cute and inspired and shows how you can infuse your own personal style into every aspect in your life. It doesn't just have to be in the clothes you wear. And it works the opposite way, too. Love those new print pillows? See if you can get a scarf with the same print. Obsessed with your plexiglass ghost chairs? These new Steven Alan glasses could easily translate that trend. It's a fun way to challenge yourself and come up with new ideas every day to stay stylish and true to what you love.

(photos: courtesy of The Sartorialist, Crate & Barrel)

No comments:

Post a Comment