Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Couch Pillows--and some welcome color

As much as I still sometimes get the Sunday blues, nothing is as good as spending a day wandering around the city with nothing on the schedule. So while slowly meandering through town I came across a store window with these brilliant patterns in it. I've always had a soft spot for ikat and these were the richest, brightest ones I'd seen in some time. I've been in the market for new couch pillows for a while (hours spent clearing out my DVR has done them no favors) and it was love at first site. The Roberta Freymann store at the Brentwood Country Mart (she's got two locations in NYC too) is like stepping into a treasure chest with the brightest prints and patterns you've ever seen. The sales girl was even wearing one of the prints in a tunic with a pair of chocolate brown oxfords and she looked adorable. Ikat canvas totes were everywhere, there were some cute print bikinis if you're planning a tropical vacay, and there were those amazing ikat pillows that now look splendid on my living room couch. I never would have thought I would pick out a pattern so bright for myself, but they bring a smile to my face and add some color that anyone would welcome. Definitely worth or a stop--or finding a colorful print or pattern to introduce into your daily life. 


(photo: courtesy of Roberta Freymann)

No comments:

Post a Comment