Thursday, November 4, 2010

SPOTTED: DKNY + Thomas Pink

Some people would argue that a crisp white button-down should be on every woman's must-own list. Now while I don't think that white fits all, I do think a button-down is an irreplaceable staple and looks good on anyone. I've tried them all, from Steven Alan's reverse seam shirts in plaids to Elizabeth and James styles with feminine cinching to Theory's tunics with tab collars. And the prepster in me has always had a bit of a crush on Thomas Pink. Walking by the stores in New York, I'd see bankers shuffling in and out, picking up pastel colored shirts. I always thought, "Wow. Preppy, yes, but still kind of cute." And now, I think they're bound to be even cuter since DKNY has paired up with Thomas Pink to make some real feminine styles. This tuxedo style blouse probably looks best a little unbottoned and with the sleeves rolled all the way up, which is definitely the way I'd wear it. Thanks for bringing a classic a little closer to home and turning a masculine staple into a feminine classic! Tres chic.


(photo: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment