Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Street Style Inspiration of the Day

I have a confession. Sometimes when I'm waiting for the elevator and I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I (for a split second, I swear) pretend that maybe just maybe a street style photographer would want to photograph me. And I list off everything I'm wearing, from head to toe. And then the elevator door opens and I remember that I'm not a street style subject. I'm just an ordinary girl who still looks at those photos in envy and is trying one step at a time to be just as stylish as they are. So taking a look at this latest image and I can't help but wish I were this girl. I love the menswear-inspired look and yet somehow it never looks quite this good on me. Maybe it's the tousled hair or the delicate scarf tied around the handbag, but instead of masculine, the look is all feminine to me. Those oxfords are brilliant in grey (I had always wanted a pair in black) and the long necklace adds a shock of color and some nice drama. Perfectly done and insanely jealz, yet again.


(photo: courtesy of Late Afternoon)

No comments:

Post a Comment