Sunday, November 14, 2010

Coating up in Theory

Ok, the cat's out of the bag. The shopping hiatus is officially over. Maybe it was this Indian summer, but I wasn't quite feeling "fall-y" enough. I was feeling like I needed a new jacket or at least something to give me just the faintest feeling like fall may actually be here. (Plus there have been way too many nights out with friends where I felt like everyone else looked way cuter than I did.) As much as I wanted a crazy-cool leather bomber jacket, I knew that it just wasn't me. And what's the point of spending money on something you know you're not going to wear (or feel comfortable in)? So I stuck with the silhouette I feel best in: the blazer. This mixed-material version updates my favorite over-worn black blazer with leather sleeves and a wool bodice. Plus it's just sharp enough to make it stand out from the crowd. The best part? The black color and classic materials means I'll be wearing it for years to come. Mission accomplished and I'm one step closer to cooler climes. Now if only the weather would cooperate!

(photo: courtesy of Neiman Marcus)

No comments:

Post a Comment