Sunday, December 12, 2010

An Ode to Sweater Dressing

I am always always always looking around me for inspiration. Whether it's a store window or my very own friends, there are always things that catch my eye. This weekend not one but two of my lovely friends were wearing sweater dresses--and they both looked adorably Parisian (which, fyi, is a very good thing).  I started thinking about sweater dressing and what has to go into the occasion. They can be super versatile but you need one that is loose enough that it doesn't cling but tight enough that it still gives you some shape. I had a lovely sweater dress from Vince some years back and I remember it kind of being shapeless and fug. It clearly needed a belt (which I never seemed to wear) and it didn't really do much for me. The obvious answer would be to find a sweater dress with a tailored fit or some pretty detailing that makes it unique and flattering all at once. That's why I love this one from Phillip Lim (which btw is now available on Shopbop, major score!). The gathering on the back actually cuts a beautiful line that is really flattering and anything but boring. Totally satisfying my sweater dressing needs!


(photo: courtesy of Shopbop)

No comments:

Post a Comment