Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Jacket as Dress Debate

I know what you're thinking. Isn't this look reserved for those women who wear a trenchcoat and only a trenchcoat with nothing underneath? Well, sure they may be famous for rocking the jacket-as-dress style of dressing, but I think there may be something to it. There are more and more dresses now that actually look like jackets (note the grey Rag & Bone below) and I think some of my fave oversized jackets could make it out with something as simple as a pair of dark tights and booties. It obviously depends on the length and the fabric (and for the love of god, do the sit-down test for safety), but I think if you're going out and you need a quick fix, this could do the trick. Peruse your closet for longer jackets and coats and see what you can come up with. I was certainly inspired by the rich burgundy parka imagined by L.A. designer Kelly Bergin.

 (photo: courtesy of Shopbop)

No comments:

Post a Comment