Friday, May 6, 2011

The Striped Tee Reinvented

I've long been a fan of the striped tee. You know, the bateau top, or as the French call it, the mariniere? Well, I've also come to realize that m J. Crew version isn't all that original. I am pretty sure more than a few of my friends have the exact same one (dif colors don't count). So what's a girl to do? I spied this dip-dyed version and it got me thinking. What if I take my standard long-sleeved version and spruce it up for summer. I'm thinking I could either tie-dye it, (totally old-school camp style) OR I could create an ombre version using bleach. Not quite sure how to do either so I'm gonna start scouring some DIY sites, but I think it could def help me stand out from the crowd and give me a perfect alternative to the same shirt I've been wearing nonstop since September.


(photo: courtesy of Madewell)

No comments:

Post a Comment