Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How To: Colorblocking

Oh colorblocking, why must you always look so cool. Take on step into Zara right now and all the bright colors will literally slap you across the face. I'm pretty into it but the bright pinks, purples, and reds are a bit much, if you know what I'm sayin'. I think these more toned-down silhouettes are a bit more my speed. I like that you can wear these colors with really any color accessories (tan, black, what have you), and that also these types of separates that I could easily see transitioning to when the weather cools down again--I love that I'm already thinking a whole season ahead. I think since everyone else is doing bright color blocking, taking a slightly different approach is a good idea--you'll stand apart from the crowd and make an investment in pieces that will last far beyond this color-blocking trend.


(photo: courtesy of Vanessa Jackman)

No comments:

Post a Comment