Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What I Want: A long flowy dress

Long flowy dresses have been populating my wish list lately but I think you can easily run into a problem. If you're not careful, the shape can be more mumu than must-have. This number here has the kind of incredible print to make it unforgettable. I think the only way these kind of dresses really work though are with a belt. You've got to give all the fabric some shape, which she does here with a beautiful cinch right at the waist. It makes the long sleeves and long hem still flattering and sexy without showing any skin. I think even if we're not feeling our best, sometimes we want to hide underneath a long dress like this...the longer the sleeves the better. I think this just goes to show that you can have the best of both worlds. You may not feel fantastic under than long-sleeved dress but with the belt, no one will be the wiser.

(photo: courtesy of Candice Lake)

No comments:

Post a Comment