Monday, July 18, 2011

The New Neutrals

I think everyone considers camel a neutral, go with anything color. But, much as I may love me some camel, the shade is super hard to pull off. With my pale pale pallor, it's nearly impossible to find a version that doesn't wash me out. I spend more time on the hunt than I do actually enjoying those damn neutral pieces. I've decided that I'm going to make army green my neutral in the meantime. It's just so much more flattering on me. This deep camel is nearly perfect on olive skin and someone with deep dark hair and pale skin can probably pull it off. I like the idea though of creating your own neutral. Having a few "neutral" basics in your closet and building your looks around them each season. The best part is that there's always room for your "neutral" in any outfit you create. You just have to incorporate it in the right way...


(photo: courtesy of Chictopia)

No comments:

Post a Comment