Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Easy, Breezy Braids

During the sweltering Summer months, more often than not, my hair ends up in some messy heap atop my head. And I'll admit it, I've been known to wear a scrunchy or two in the confines of my own home--I appreciate the way they don't tug at your hair. So I am always on the hunt for a chic way to stay cool and deal with lifeless locks. Just this morning I combed back my damp locks and put it into a braid but it looked so blah and boring. This fishtail braid is something new and fresh, and a total challenge considering I have no idea how to do them. Going to download a youtube video tonight (the challenge is like doing a lanyard, I hope), and something fresh for Summer. You can do it a bit messy and it looks deliberate (good for me), and I have a feeling it stays in a bit tighter than my braids that always fall out in an hour. Perhaps I'll even post some before and after pics!



(photo: courtesy of Who What Wear)

No comments:

Post a Comment