Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Perfect Pleated Skirt

You all now know I've been crushing on maxi skirts. Then I discovered that American Apparel had a really dressed-up pleated shin-length skirt and I went gaga for that. It was pretty and chiffon and just about perfect. But then I saw about a million hipsters/fashionistas at Coachella wearing that exact skirt. Obviously. So, how do I still wear the look but do it in a way that is original enough that I'm the only one wearing it? I stumbled upon this pleated leather skirt and I have to say that it fits the bill. Haven't seen a pleated version in leather yet and I like the idea of dressing this down with a white t-shirt and flats for day, maybe even some cute oxfords and pile on a denim button down. For night, just about any add-on will do, but I'm thinking some heels and a blousy Equipment shirt. Totally killer, right?

 (photo: courtesy of Shopbop)

No comments:

Post a Comment