Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How to Wear a Trench Dress

Considering I still haven't quite had the time (or have I?) to get a proper trench coat, I figure now that Spring/Summer is offish here in LA, I might as well stick with the warm weather and be on the lookout for a trench dress instead. I conveniently came across this cool version, belted just so and worn with a delicate blouse underneath to soften up the pretty rigid cut of the dress. I love the idea of pairing this with a cool striped tee or thin knit sweater during fall and then swapping it out for something a bit more neutral and lightweight for summer. Even a pretty floral print silk tank would look great paired against the khaki. And the best part about the color is that it goes with anything. Literally. Even a skinny neon belt from J. Crew would look rad. Now if only I can find this dress for myself!


(photo: courtesy of Vogue)

No comments:

Post a Comment