Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Street Style Inspiration for the Day

Maybe I'm partial because she's kind of my boss, but I like to think that if I loved in NYC, I'd dress like this. Considering my office is over air conditioned, it's hard to get behind the dress and skirt mentality of Summer. But this look makes me want to reconsider. The asymmetry of the dress makes it stand apart from all the other boring ones you've been seeing in your favorite stores and I love the wood platform of her sandals that is chunky and deliberate and not at all dainty. And don't even get me started on the nameplate on her bag. I think everyone went through a crazy personalization phase, but I love that this luggage tag type thing can be looped around just about any handbag you have. It adds a super nice element to it, plus you're bound to stand apart with an element like that. It's a great inspiration for those warm-weather days when you can't quite figure out what to wear. Looking tres chic.


 (photos: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment