Monday, June 13, 2011

How to Update My Fave Piece

I think it goes without saying--especially for anyone who has seen me lately--that last Summer's closet MVP is making it into heavy rotation this Summer too. It's army green jacket that is decidedly fading from sun exposure but seems to go with just about everything. I couldn't love it more. But, I also couldn't wear it more. And sometimes--just sometimes--I get embarrassed that it's the only thing I manage to put on. So I saw this cute picture of an editor from Lucky magazine and loved how she updated her army green clothes with pops of neon (which btw, are very "Summer"). I love the yellowy neon for an army green, it actually goes together in the strangest way. I'm thinking I could try out a bright, citrus-y clutch for when I wear the jacket or belt my low-slung boyfriend jeans with a neon patent belt from J. Crew. Anything to give this boring, overused look of mine a cute little update.

(photo: courtesy of Lucky Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment