Thursday, September 9, 2010

Getting Collared

Button downs have always been a non-negotiable part of my wardrobe. In college it was the preppy Polo ones and for a while I've been relying on Steven Alan to give me that not too preppy button-down that I wear on end. Now I've added an Equipment blouse for a more nighttime button-down look. But no matter the style or designer, I always leave the top button (or two) open for a relaxed vibe. Fast-forward to me spying this great street style photo and I realize I may have to challenge that old rule. Sure I love wearing my big, chunky necklaces with an open collar, but I think that this buttoned-up approach may look even cooler. It's a fresh way to mix things up a bit, and challenge me out of my style comfort zone. I know it's usually a bad thing to be all buttoned-up, but I think this new look may shake things up a bit.


(photo: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment