Monday, January 17, 2011

Work Appropriate

Since I rarely get dressed up for work, it makes the times when I actually do all the more challenging. I NEVER know what to wear. I always resort to some form of slacks, which is a word I hate, but kind of functional here. Cropped black pants from the Gap always serve me well, as do grey wool pants from Phillip Lim circa 2004. I never thought I'd say this but sometimes a tailored trouser actually looks great and works well. I used to think of them as so Ann Taylor (in the days before Katie Holmes starred in their ads) so adding some young "touches" is encouraged. In matted silks, wools, and the stretch variety, these could get some serious mileage.

(photo: courtesy of La Garconne)

1 comment:

  1. Totally with you on the silk trouser. Dressy and easy all at once.

    ReplyDelete