Monday, October 3, 2011

Street Style Inspiration of the Day

It's impossible to read a magazine these days with at least one mention of uniform dressing. I think this is what they're talking about. And this is what it looks like when it's done right. Somehow this isn't exactly what it looks like though, when I embark on my own version of uniform dressing. The leather mini is a perfect rendering of something simple and sleek. instead of wool and schoolgirl plaid, go for broke with a camel-colored lambskin. The collar lays just perfectly against the crewneck sweater and somehow it all has elements of a schoolgirl uniform while still being modern enough to be worn by an adult--and a fashion loving adult at that. I love the way this looks. And the repettos, well after getting a fresh pair in Paris, well I'm reminded anew while those will forever be in my arsenal. Simply put, it's tres chic.


(photo: courtesy of Caroline's Mode)

No comments:

Post a Comment