Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SPOTTED: J. Crew for Spring '11

I am telling you, every day I feel differently. I go back and forth between the two: 1) I am getting older, I am should really "streamline" my look with simpler, more classic pieces that are less fussy, less prints and patterns and more flattering versus, 2) who am I kidding, I love fashion and sometimes layering textures is just so much richer and more interesting than not. So clearly I am a bit confused. Looking at what they've just debuted for J. Crew Spring 2012 in New York and their clean palette is still there but the pairing of unusual prints and fabrics seems to be what the line really does so well. These prints seem a bit more "grown" up too and in deeper shades that make them feel less dressed-down and more "corporate" if that makes sense. I love how they look when worn together because sometimes you just can't be bothered to create separate outfits. Just a little look at what to expect in the coming months...



(photo: courtesy of Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment