Monday, September 19, 2011

The Sheer Nylon Trend

So Kate Middleton came to town and sparked the whole sheer pantyhose debate. And while I kind of cringe (makes me think of those 80's versions you buy in the egg-type canister from Duane Reade), I do think she's made it so they're far more chic then they ever used to be. I think they can give the effect of being uber slimming and sometimes (dare I say it), super opaque tights, which I am completely partial too, maybe a bit too "harsh" for a more feminine look. If they don't quite work or look too "heavy," just swap them out for a different pair. Try a drugstore version first and see if you like them. It's super inexpensive and kind of looks grown-up chic. You know, in that princess kind of way.


(photo: courtesy of New York Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment