Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Color Combo: Mustard + Hunter Green

If you're anything like me, sometimes it's hard not to step out for the day in a mixture of different shades of black. If I'm lucky, maybe a grey or two. And especially now that Fall is here, the challenge has become even greater. That's why I love seeing weather-appropriate color combos that look seasonally perfect and are two shades that I wouldn't necessarily put together but that look pretty bangin' when done well. This mustard blouse paired with the deep dark green on the bottom is flawless. I don't know that I'd reverse them (i.e. mustard on the bottom), but the way it's done here is right. Plus, they're both tailored and the separates seem to fit just right. Add in some neutral accessories (I'd ideally like a leopard) and I'm pretty sure the look would be complete!

(photo: courtesy of New York Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment