Thursday, January 12, 2012

How to Wear an Oversized Sweater

As a friend once told me, "All you own is oversized beige sweaters that have no shape." And while I still think she's wrong, I do understand the point in her reasoning. When push comes to shove, I will go for the oversized tee or sweater any day of the week. Clingy and formfitting just scares me. That's why I love this styling tip for how to make all the boxy knits that I do own look somewhat flattering. This particular tip doesn't entail a belt--which is usually what I hear--but instead suggests cropped pants to play with proportions. The timing is perfect because I've been wearing my cropped everything in heavy rotation lately so this way you don't cover too much skin and keep people guessing with which hemline you're leaving long or styling short. I particularly like wearing this with the type of open-toe sandal for a night out, making it a California Winter classic. 


(photo: courtesy of Refinery29)

No comments:

Post a Comment